East Atlanta's Most Trusted Pediatric Dentist
Kids Dental Exams
Kids Dental Exams
Kids' dental exams are vital to maintaining a healthy smile throughout childhood. Pediatric dentists are specially trained to provide dental care for children, and they understand the unique needs of young patients.
During a kid's dental exam, our pediatric dentist will:
- Examine the teeth and gums. Our pediatric dentist will look for any signs of cavities, gum disease, or other dental problems.
- Take x-rays. X-rays can help our pediatric dentist see any problems that are not visible to the naked eye.
- Clean the teeth. Our pediatric dentist will remove plaque and tartar buildup, which can lead to cavities and gum disease.
- Provide fluoride treatment. Fluoride helps to strengthen the teeth and prevent cavities.
- Discuss oral hygiene. Our pediatric dentist will teach the child and their parents how to brush and floss properly.
- Answer any questions. Our pediatric dentist will happily answer any child's or their parents' questions about dental health.
Kids' dental exams are typically painless and quick. Most kids can sit through the exam without any problems. If your child is apprehensive about going to the dentist, there are a few things you can do to help them feel more comfortable.
- Talk to your child about what to expect. Explain to them that the dentist will be looking at their teeth and gums and that they may need to have their teeth cleaned.
- Take your child to the dentist for a visit before they have any problems. This will help them get used to the dentist and the dental office.
- Stay with your child during the exam. This will help them feel more comfortable and secure.
Kids' dental exams are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile. By taking your child to the dentist for regular checkups, you can help them develop healthy oral habits that will last a lifetime.
Here are some additional benefits of kids' dental exams:
- Early detection of problems. By getting regular dental exams, any problems can be detected early, when they are easier to treat.
- Prevention of dental problems. Regular dental exams and cleanings can help prevent cavities, gum disease, and other dental problems.
- Improved overall health. Good oral health is linked to overall health. For example, studies have shown that people with gum disease are more likely to develop heart disease and stroke.
If you are looking for a pediatric dentist for your child, be sure to ask about their experience and qualifications. You should also feel comfortable with the dentist and the dental office.